Matthew M. Nicodemo joined the firm in 2016 and focuses his practice in areas of civil litigation and transactional matters, including: community / condominium associations, residential and commercial real estate, business disputes, contested wills and probate litigation, contracts, business formation, and commercial litigation.
Matthew graduated cum laude from Fairfield University in 2012, where he earned his Bachelor of the Arts degree with a major in Political Science and a minor in English. Matthew earned his Juris Doctorate from Villanova University School of Law in 2015. At Villanova, Matthew was selected as a member of the Environmental Law Journal where he served on the Editorial Board. At graduation, he received the Dorothy Day Award for his commitment to pro bono service.
While attending law school, Matthew interned with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Civil Division where he gained experience working with state licensing and disciplinary boards, including the Board of Medical Examiners. Matthew also interned with the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Philadelphia where he assisted in enforcement actions relating to insider trading, market manipulation, and accounting fraud.
After graduation, Matthew further developed his legal experience while serving as the law clerk to the Honorable Menelaos W. Toskos, J.S.C. in the Bergen County Superior Court, Chancery Division, General Equity Part. Matthew currently serves as a condominium board president in Hudson County, an appointed officer in the Bergen County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, and an Executive Committee member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division.
Matthew is admitted to practice in the State Courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Bergen County Bar Association.
- Fairfield University (B.A. 2012) (cum laude)
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D. 2015)
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Dorothy Day Pro Bono Service Award
- Interested in buying a condo? Be sure to ask the right questions!
- Changes may be coming to non-compete clauses: Here is what you should know!
- What are non-compete clauses and are they enforceable in New Jersey?
- Selling your share in a closely held business? What to know, Part II.
- Selling a closely held business to your business partner? What to Know!
- Temporary Restraints and Irreparable Harm in State of Washington v. Donald J. Trump