Sharon Rivenson Mark, Esq. is certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA-accredited National Elder Law Foundation [CELA] and concentrates her practice in elder law, guardianship, conservatorship and estate matters, estate planning and administration, disability and special needs planning and trusts, and Medicaid. She serves as court-appointed counsel, Guardian Ad Litem, court-appointed guardian, conservator, executor and administrator of estates, and has served as a mediator in estate and probate matters. Ms. Rivenson Mark has lectured and published numerous articles on elder law, estate and guardianship issues and has received awards for her service to the elder and disability community and the legal community.
She is the author of the Thomson Reuters Westlaw NJ Practice Series on Elder Law (guardianships, conservatorships and Medicaid). She is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), and the Council of Advanced Practitioners [CAP] and is a NAELA Fellow. She is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized in New Jersey Monthly as one of New Jersey’s top 50 women lawyers and as a “Super Lawyer” in Elder Law.
- New York University (B.A. 1974)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D. 1977)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the South District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys [NAELA].
- Member of the Council of Advanced Practitioners [CAP] and CAP Steering Committee
- Past Chairperson of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Advocacy/Litigation Section Steering Committee
- Past-President, Vice-President and Secretary of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- Charter Member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners – Admitted to membership 2006
- Board of Trustees, Hudson County Bar Association
- Past Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Secretary of the New Jersey State Bar Association Elder and Disability Law Section
- Chairperson of the Hudson County Bar Association, General Equity, Probate and Elder Law Committee
- Author of Volume 45 on “Elder Law – Guardianships and Conservatorships” and Volume 45A on “Elder Law – New Jersey Medicaid Laws and Regulations” for Thompson Reuters (Westlaw) New Jersey Practice treatise, updated annually