Lawrence N. Meyerson is a founding partner of Meyerson, Fox & Conte, P.A. His practice includes elder law and guardianship, estate and trust law, Medicaid issues and real estate transactions. In an ongoing capacity he serves as counsel to Adult Protective Services of Essex County, New Jersey, often representing the elderly and their families in guardianship proceedings before the court. Dr. Meyerson is widely recognized as one of the premier authorities on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. He is recognized by the judiciary as an experienced practitioner in the area of guardianship law and probate law. He has received numerous court appointments in several counties as guardian ad litem, Administrator C.T.A., Trustee, court-appointed attorney, and mediator for civil and probate litigation cases. Dr. Meyerson is a frequent guest speaker at numerous conferences giving presentations on guardianship, elder law, and estate planning.
A native of Hillsdale, New Jersey, Dr. Meyerson received a doctorate degree in mathematics education from the University of Buffalo and went on to be a professor of mathematics at Northern Michigan University. He received his law degree from Seton Hall University. Dr. Meyerson stresses that his training in mathematics and probability “have helped me see the world a little differently,” and have greatly influenced the way he has practiced law.
Dr. Meyerson has not forgotten his roots in education; he has served on the Pascack Valley Regional High School Board of Education and served as its president for four years. During his tenure, he helped pioneer the use of “one-to-one” laptop computers through the school district, an initiative that has served as a model for school districts nationally.
He has served as the municipal court judge for the Borough of Hillsdale as well as the Borough’s prosecutor and public defender. Dr. Meyerson also served on the Hillsdale Borough council.
- Northrop Institute of Technology (B.S. 1972)
- State University of New York, Buffalo (M.Ed. 1974)
- State University of New York, Buffalo (Ed.D. 1977)
- Seton Hall University Law School (J.D. 1983)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- New Jersey Bar Association
- SuperLawyers, 2012 – 2017
- Ann Klein Advocate Award, Community Health Law Project, 2013
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rated
- (201) Magazine Top Lawyer, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Chancery Practice, Real Estate, Trusts & Estates, Wills & Probate, 2013
- Co-Author, A Legal “Case” Against the Internship Placement System and a Proposal to Fix the System and the Internship Imbalance, TEPP: Training and Education in Professional Psychology (August 2013)
- Several articles published in mathematical and math-education journals.
- Council Member, Borough of Hillsdale
- Former President of the Pascack Valley Regional School District