Brian E. Shea is a Partner with Meyerson, Fox & Conte, PA. Brian practices in the areas of Guardianship Litigation; Chancery Litigation; Estate and Trust Administration and Litigation; and Matrimonial Litigation. Brian often performs services as Court Appointed Counsel for allegedly incapacitated individuals in Guardianship matters and as Trustee/Administrator in relation to contested Chancery matters. Brian has been appointed numerous times as Guardian ad Litem, for both children and adults, in Guardianship Litigations, Estate and Trust Litigations and other matters and has had the honor to serve as Court Appointed Prosecutor pursuant to R. 1:10-2. Brian is a Court Approved Mediator and has also been selected to serve in the role of Arbitrator.
Brian is a co-author of Volume 45 on “Elder Law – Guardianships and Conservatorships” and Volume 45A on “Elder Law – New Jersey Medicaid Laws and Regulations” for West Group’s New Jersey Practice treatise.
Brian received his undergraduate degree from St. Joseph’s University and his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. Prior to engaging in private practice, from September 2005 through August 2006, Brian served a one-year judicial clerkship in the Superior Court of New Jersey for the Honorable James B. Convery, J.S.C., Lead Dissolution Judge, Chancery Division, Family Part, Essex Vicinage. Brian is a graduate of the American Bar Association Section of Family Law National Institute for Trial Advocacy, an intensive professional training program in the art of Trial Skills.
Brian is a member of Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey to the Supreme Court Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law. Brian is a past District Chairman of the Bergen County District II-B Fee Arbitration Committee and a former member of the Juvenile Conference Committee in Passaic County.
- St. Joseph University (B.S., Sociology 2002)
- Seton Hall University Law School (J.D., 2005)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Co-Chair of the Probate Litigation & Guardianship Committee, Elder Law Committee and Continuing Legal Education Committees
- Member of the Estate Planning & Administration, By-Laws, General Equity and Judicial Selection Committees
- Bergen County District II-B Fee Arbitration Committee, Past District Chairman term ended September, 2022
- (201) Magazine Top Lawyer, 2013 – 2022