Brian E. Shea is a Partner with Meyerson, Fox & Conte, PA. Brian practices in the areas of Guardianship Litigation; Chancery Litigation; Estate and Trust Administration and Litigation; and Matrimonial Litigation. Brian often performs services as Court Appointed Counsel for allegedly incapacitated individuals in Guardianship matters. Brian has also been appointed numerous times as Guardian ad Litem, for both children and adults, in Guardianship Litigations, Estate and Trust Litigations and other matters. Brian is a Court Approved Mediator and has also been selected to serve in the role of Arbitrator.
Brian received his undergraduate degree from St. Joseph’s University and his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. Prior to engaging in private practice, from September 2005 through August 2006, Brian served a one-year judicial clerkship in the Superior Court of New Jersey for the Honorable James B. Convery, J.S.C., Lead Dissolution Judge, Chancery Division, Family Part, Essex Vicinage. Brian is a graduate of the American Bar Association Section of Family Law National Institute for Trial Advocacy, an intensive professional training program in the art of Trial Skills.
Brian is also the current District Chairman of the Bergen County District II-B Fee Arbitration Committee and a former member of the Juvenile Conference Committee in Passaic County. Brian was appointed on January 1, 2021 by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey to the Supreme Court Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law for a three-year term.
- St. Joseph University (B.S., Sociology 2002)
- Seton Hall University Law School (J.D., 2005)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Bergen County District II-B Fee Arbitration Committee, Member
- Juvenile Conference Committee, Clifton, New Jersey through 2015
- SuperLawyers, Rising Stars, 2017 – 2018
- (201) Magazine Top Lawyer, Matrimonial & Family Law, 2013 – 2018