Steven R. Rubenstein was a founding partner of Meyerson, Fox & Conte, P.A. and remains Counsel to the firm. His practice has focused on family law for most of his career. He has handled thousands of divorce cases. He is certified by the State of New Jersey as a matrimonial law attorney, and he is also certified as a divorce mediator. Mr. Rubenstein is generally considered to be one of the premier divorce mediators in Bergen County and is a founding member of the New Jersey Collaborative Law Group. He has been named a Ten Leaders of Matrimonial & Divorce Law of Northern New Jersey and a New Jersey Super Lawyer.
In 1992, Mr. Rubenstein and his partner, Lawrence N. Meyerson, represented Hana Fhima, a Rockland County, New York woman in a highly publicized custody case in which her son, Shai Fhima Rueven, was abducted by an orthodox rabbi in Brooklyn. The son was missing for two years, and when he was finally located, Mr. Rubenstein and Mr. Meyerson represented Hana in a protracted but ultimately successful custody litigation case.
Mr. Rubenstein and partner, Lawrence Meyerson, founded the firm in September 1988 and have practiced continuously together for 30 years.
- Rutgers University (B.A. 1967)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D. 1970, Cum Laude)
- State of New Jersey
- State of Massachusetts
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court of the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association, Family Law Section and Committee on Certification
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPN)
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Super Lawyer, 2012 – 2017
- Ten Leaders of Matrimonial & Divorce Law, Northern New Jersey, 2003
- (201) Magazine Top Lawyer, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Matrimonial & Family Law, 2013